top of page

Notifying CRA of Address Change

Moving can be both an exciting and stressful process. There are many steps that must be taken to ensure you have covered all the bases. Notifying Canada Revenue Agency of your move is an important step that cannot be overlooked.

Canada Revenue Agency typically initiates communication with taxpayers by mail. They will send important notices to your address which may have a time limit for you to respond. These may include pre-assessment or processing reviews which require you to submit information to support amounts reported on your tax return. Failing to respond in a timely manner could have significant consequences, such as your return being reassessed to deny credits or deductions reported.

Due to security reasons, individual taxpayers typically must update their own address. Authorized representatives are not allowed to do this on your behalf. There are three primary methods to complete this change:

  • Online—you can update your address through My Account. If you have not registered for this service, you can complete the registration online. You will need information from a recent tax return at the time of registration to verify your identity.

  • Telephone—you can call Canada Revenue Agency to update your address. You will need to verify your identity on the phone call. You will need to provide your social insurance number, name, date of birth, current address, and information from a recent tax return to verify your identity.

  • Mail—you can complete Form RC325 Address change request and mail to Canada Revenue Agency.

Updating your address online or by phone is preferred as it is instantaneous. Updating your address by mail will take longer to implement the change and may result in delays receiving important correspondence.

For more information, please contact or 1 844-GYTD-CPA CRA of Address Change
Download PDF • 57KB

6 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page